UPDATE Re: C# Mapscript ASP.NET Deployment Problem

Bruno Gendron bruno_gendron at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 30 08:35:45 EST 2007

Hi Tamas,

First, sorry for not answering your message sooner, I've been very busy
since last Sunday trying to understand what's going on.

To make a short story, our ASP.NET 2.0 webapp is now deployed on a shared
server. We are using MS4W-2.2.6, with all dependencies. Right now, the web
page that uses C#Mapscript does not load because of the following security
exception:

System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
trusted callers.

I suspect the problem I was getting last week was related to the same error.

I was hoping to get around this problem by re-compiling Mapserver with fewer
dependencies.

So, I've downloaded Howard Butler's Build Kit (version 4.8), and I managed
to get it to compile OK, but no manifest is created with mapscript.dll
(manifests are only created with mapserv.exe and other EXEs).

I also tried the default build kit nmake.opts file with other versions of
Mapserver (4.10 and 5.0), but in these cases, there is an error when
building csharp: something like "a syntax error occurred in input #1". So,
I'm unable to verify if a manifest will be created with the mapscript DLL.

Any ideas?

Yours,

--
Bruno