[mapserver-users] Join to CSV

Heather Wirth HWIRTH at co.benton.mn.us
Wed Nov 19 08:03:50 EST 2008

I am trying to join my parcel shapefile to tax information stored as a
.csv file.  I have follwed the instructions at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/join with no
success.

Here is the Layer object from the mapfile:

LAYER
	NAME 'Parcels'
	DATA './Parcels.shp'
	STATUS DEFAULT
	TYPE LINE
	JOIN
		NAME "TaxInfo"
		TABLE "./20081008.csv"
		FROM "TaxPIN"
		TO "PIN"
		TYPE ONE-TO-ONE
	END
	CLASS
		NAME 'Parcel Boundary'
		TYPE LINE
		STYLE
		     COLOR 3 3 3
		     OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
		     WIDTH 1
		END
	END
END

Here is the html identify template:

"[TaxInfo_PRIM TAXP NAME 2]</td>

Here is what is an example of what is returned when I identify the
parcels:

Parcel Information
Parcel ID: 040023800
Owner Name: [TaxInfo_PRIM TAXP NAME]", "[TaxInfo_PRIM TAXP NAME 2]

Using the tool does not cause any sort of an error.  I'm hoping that
there is something simple I am missing.  Any help would be much
appreciated.

Benton County, MN