[mapserver-users] roadlines issue

Raivo Alla snaperski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:16:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

the problem I have right now with mapserver is how to display roads
that must be displayed from different layers in a mapfile,
but should have nice joining with each other. Problem is shown here
(red arrows):
http://picasaweb.google.com/snaperski/Ort#5394941894576868946
Desired situation with using multiple mapserver layers is marked with red ring.

If I would use just one massive shapefile and take it as a datasource
in one layer only (instead using multiple shapefiles/layers
drawing highways, streets), then performance will suffer.

Is there any solution to this, ie declaring DATA kayword in a CLASS
section? :) Or something so simple that I couldnt think of...

Humbly yours,
Raivo