[Marketing] marketing brochure

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:33:38 PST 2019

Hey Jody, all

Allright I am now feeling super naive and less than helpful. Exporting from
.indd to EPS will not really achieve much, since inDesign won’t open EPS
files [1], although it looks like Scribus will (maybe losing font editing
as fonts) [2] - so design interoperability is a failure here.

I think this problem *only* applies to the brochure [3], since all of the
other print materials are single-sheet and can safely (IMO) be handed
around as svg files for use in inkscape and illustrator.

…for the brochure.. hmm. yes having a format commonly used in design shops
is awesome, and yes being able to do things using open tooling is also
awesome - unfortunately both can't happen

The best approach seems to be keeping the brochure in .indd format for now.
Sorry for making storms in teacups

Adam

[1]
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/indesign/kb/supported-file-formats-indesign-cs5.html