[Journal] Minor Layout Changes

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Thu Oct 22 02:51:54 PDT 2015

Great work Christian! I propose that the next step is to update the
"about" pages, especially the People and Policies sections. In the past I
have tried to discuss Landon Blake, currently listed as contact and
editor, but that somehow turned out to be not so easy, as he apparently is
not easy to contact (probably very busy wit other things).

I really maintain my point that its actually the board that has to
determine what role they want the OSGEO journal to play: It currently says
"The OSGeo Journal is a digital publication containing case studies, news,
tutorials, project updates and more. With a general aim at promoting,
highlighting and educating readers about open source geospatial
applications in general, but also provides updates on OSGeo projects."
This role has not been fulfilled at all in the past years, after 2010 it
has only been the FOSS4G Academic Track proceedings (and then only those
of 09, 11, 13 and 14 -- 10 and 15 have been published elsewehere).

Yours,

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer ­ ITC-University of Twente