[OpenLayers-Users] always-on information overlay

Basil Achermann basil.achermann at steria.ch
Wed May 20 09:10:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

I need to display information bubbles always visible at certain zoom
levels. Size and pixel position relative to a geographic anchor point
should not change when scale increases. Bubbles can overlap. Also, the
whole bubble must be sensitive to hover (tooltip) and click events.
Finally, the bubble must be custom styled (not just the text)

What's the best way to go about this? Would feature popups meet my
requirements? I was also thinking of prerendered images I could use in
markers since the data is almost static.

Thanks,

Basil