[OpenLayers-Users] Refresh on Vector Layer

Wayne Dyck wayne at platoscave.net
Wed May 20 15:44:02 EDT 2009

According to the docs on this page,
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Vector-js.html a
'refresh' called on the layer is supposed to "Ask the layer to request
features again and redraw them." I can see this happen in Firebug and
the URL is indeed called again, however, nothing changes on the screen.

I only have one point to plot in a GeoRSS xml file and thought this
should be fairly straight forward. I also thought it might be a caching
issue so I have tried several cache busting techniques like adding
random characters to the end of the URL, however, it makes no difference.

Is there something else I need to do here?

Wayne