[OpenLayers-Users] WPS Execute request - the ResponseForm

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 27 08:38:42 PDT 2014

Hi list,

   I have questions about the XML produced by the WPSExecute format. I
already asked the same questions on the Zoo mailing list since it's
regarding a difference ResponseForm node their example page use from the
one produced by OpenLayers WPSExecute format:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/2014-August/001160.html

   What Zoo expect:

<wps:ResponseForm>

    <wps:RawDataOutput>

      <wps:Output mimeType="application/json">

        <ows:Identifier>Result</ows:Identifier>

      </wps:Output>

    </wps:RawDataOutput>

</wps:ResponseForm>

   What OpenLayers WPSExecute format outputs:

<wps:ResponseForm>

    <wps:RawDataOutput>

      <ows:Identifier xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1">Result</ows:Identifier>

    </wps:RawDataOutput>

</wps:ResponseForm>

   Unless the extra "Output" node gets added, Zoo throws an error:
'Wrong RawDataOutput parameter, unable to fetch any result for the name
your provided : "unknownIdentifier".'  So, my question is more a OGC:WPS
oriented one: should openlayers output this extra node or not ?  An
expert reading schemas should be able to tell more
(http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsExecute_request.xsd, I get
confused trying to understand it).

Thanks a lot,

--