[Live-demo] When to start translation?

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Wed Oct 18 16:09:43 PDT 2017

Hello Kari,

We are almost done setting up the backend we need to get the translations
from transifex.
We are still on testing phase, so for the moment what we need are some
files to be translated, some to the fullest, some partially, some from the
"urgent" priority some from the "High" priority, make sure that "normal"
priority can not be translated (those are old deprecated documentation). So
that we can continue our tests with a variety of levels of translation and
in a variety languages.

We plan to start making the download/generation tests on the second week of
November.

We also would like translators to get the feeling on how to translate on
transifex. (consider it as they can test / try how to translate.
We want feedback of the translation guide (if possible).

>From this initial translations we can refine the guide, see what is common
mistake on translators, etc.
So right now Bureacracy is correct, we are all testing, translators are
testing, we are testing how to capture translated files (automatically).

[Test - not active] sign we want to remove at least when the translator's
guide is refined a little bit more.
But if you feel that the sign is better to be removed now, so that
translators are not misguided, please tell us.

Vicky

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Kari Salovaara <kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi>
wrote:

> Hi gurus and insiders,
>
> I apologize for your time by asking a question about the translation
> process.
> It seems that the in Transifex the material is still in testing phase,
> at least so it announces in title - [Test - not active] OSGeoLive
> Documentation.
> When resources are for real so that it's worth start translating them,
> I've been waiting for months already and round the corner there is some
> interesting projects to take my time ......
>
> Or should I wait this OSGeo-Live-Translators email list to be
> established and then ask this question again there just to get the
> bureaucracy correct?
>
> Best regards and good night,
> Kari

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)