[postgis-users] Help please

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 12 16:30:27 PDT 2003

Zamil Murji wrote:

> Valgrind heh? I'll give that a shot. How do i "run my request" through it? Can i pass it a url. Everything to date as been printed to stderr which happens to be the apache error log for me.

You can run MapServer at the command line by passing your query string
as an argument:

   ./mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=/path/to/mapfile&mode=...."

(note the quotes are important)

and you can run the same in Valgrind using:

   valgrind ./mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=/path/to/mapfile&mode=...."

See the Valgrind docs, if you have a debug build, you can get it to
launch gdb when it encounters an error, you can have it report leaks, etc...

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca