[postgis-users] Help please

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue Aug 12 17:01:31 PDT 2003

Daniel,

I've noticed that msPOSTGISLayerClose() is being called once more than
msPOSTGISLayerOpen()::

msPOSTGISLayerOpen called
msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes called
msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: the_geom from nodescomb_2003
msPOSTGISLayerOpen called
msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes called
msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: the_geom from nodescomb_2003
msPOSTGISLayerOpen called
msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: the_geom from nodescomb_2003
msPOSTGISLayerOpen called
in msPOSTGISLayerGetItems  (find column names)
msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: the_geom from nodescomb_2003
msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: the_geom from nodescomb_2003

I verified the last close - it is definately closing an already closed
layer.  This is during an itemnquery.

Also, this looks like an awful lot of work for an itemnquery - whats it
really supposed to be doing?  It calls msPOSTGISLayerGetShape() twice
for each of the 'itemn' results.  Once without layer->items set, and
once with it set.  You'll notice that the shapes are retrieved from the
database a total of 4 times (twice by rectange and twice by ID)!

dave