[postgis-users] msPOSTGISLayerCLose() called twice

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Wed Aug 13 04:00:47 PDT 2003

Dave,

msPOSTGISLayerClose() *does* get called twice: once in msLayerClose()
(maplayer.c), and once in closeConnections() (mapfile.c). The second one
is in the connection pool code I added in January, the first one is in
the original layer-by-layer code. In fact, the second one should only be
called after the pooling code has been added for PostGIS. I remember
having discussed this with Steve Lime (i.e. synchronizing pooling and
non-pooling database code), but this seems to have slipped through. I am
not sure if closing an already closed layer will hurt (it does not seem
to have broken up anything until now), but if you want to be sure,
either remove the call in mapfile.c, or add the pooling code in
mappostgis.c.

Jan