[postgis-users] Help please

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 13 10:29:34 PDT 2003

Zamil Murji wrote:

> No I haven't tried that out. How can I see what user my web server runs as (i thought it was the user nobody but maybe i'm wrong).

   ps -aux | grep httpd

> How can I set environment variables when starting the apache web server?

You could set environment variables using the SetEnv directive in
httpd.conf, but don't do that.  You need to replicate the bug at the
command line, so you should not try changing your web server but instead
try to emulate the web environment in your command line shell.  If you
don't know how to set an env. var in Apache then it probably doesn't
have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.  So you could do the following:

   su             (to become root)
   su - apache    (you shouldn't need a password since you're root)
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=    (yes, we want it empty)

...then run your mapserv command

  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca