[postgis-users] Where is the intersect(geometry, geometry) function????

Martin Mueller mmueller at sedan.uni-osnabrueck.de
Sat Aug 23 14:03:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've written an interface for an interactiv geodata viewer to connect to
a postgres/postgis database. Everything worked well, except for the
memory leak in geos.
Today I installed the new memory leak fixed version and to my supprise
the application crashed.
After a  view minutes I found the reason. Some exception occures while i
try to get all geometries that i have to render to the canvas. To get
the geometrys I create a geometry that presents my canvas and use the
following query:

"SELECT gid, AsText([column])  FROM [table] WHERE
intersects(the_geom,GeometryFromText('POLYGON(...)',-1)) order by gid;"

The function intersects(geometry, geometry) doesn't exist anymore, but
if you want to be SFSQL compliant it has to!!!

There are some other functions begining with geometry_... but, the
function geometry_inter(geometry, geometry) return the intersection als
geometry.

Please I do need the intersects function.

CU,

  Martin Müller
--
"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make