[postgis-users] Postgis 0.8.2 doesn't work on Win32

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Thu Sep 2 05:53:17 PDT 2004

Stefano,

the problem is most probably related to the && operator.

David Techer has provided updated binaries (PostGIS 0.8.2+cvs) that work
with PostgreSQL 8.0-beta1 (your small example works nicely using them).
Before updating the installer, I wanted to wait for the PostGIS 0.8.3
release or
until the next PostgreSQL beta (it has some problems with the
postmaster.pid handling).

But as this problem has been around for some time now and there's no
indication of a new release,
I'll try to release a 0.8.2+cvs version of the installer within the next
days.

In addition there have been some other PostgreSQL 8.0 related bug fixes
in the PostGIS CVS.

Steffen