[postgis-users] RE: [postgis-devel] GML output

Martin Daly Martin.Daly at cadcorp.com
Fri Sep 24 01:29:13 PDT 2004

Darko,

> The namespace prefix is arbitrary--it could be "tns". What's
> essential is that the prefix is bound to the correct namespace:
>
> <tns:Polygon xmlns:tns="http://www.opengis.net/gml">
> </tns:Polygon>

As I said originally "There are all sorts of ways to cope with
namespaces".  However, the AsGML() function works in isolation, only
producing the geometry property of a feature.  It has no context within
which to work.  Using the "gml:" namespace prefix removes the need for
an extra parameter, and probably improves interoperability.

> GML 2.x is history.

Your organisation is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't make it
the truth.

Regards,
Martin