[postgis-users] error: unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000

Michael Mallete mrmallete at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 19:38:24 PDT 2004

good day everyone!

while trying to do a shp2pgsql, i encountered this
error:

psql:temp.sql:38: ERROR: Unicode characters greater
than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported

i'm clueless. is it because i have a column somewhere
in my shapefile's attribute table that has an
unsupported format? is there anything i can do so i
could insert this shapefile to my postgis database?

thank you very much in advance! have a nice day
everyone!

-Myk