[postgis-users] Points within range of line

Adrian Holovaty postgis at holovaty.com
Thu Aug 11 15:11:22 PDT 2005

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Just curious, Adrian, have you started to work yet on any sort of GIS
> feature model for Django?

Hey Sean,

I've been using Django with PostGIS on chicagocrime.org since the site was
launched in May, so it's entirely possible to use Django with GIS data. :)

There are no GIS-specific features yet in Django, but I'd love to change that.
For instance, it'd be cool to support the standard spatial object types as
Fields. Let me know if you can think of any useful GIS features that lie
within a Web framework's scope, or (better yet) if you're willing to help
out!

Adrian