[postgis-users] Solution of: Cannot compile postgis on Fedora Core 4

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Mon Aug 15 15:25:27 PDT 2005

Hi Marco,

If you don't want to install PostgreSQL from source and want to use the
default PostgreSQL RPM;

Download the PostgreSQL source (same version as installed RPM), configure for
an installation in something like /usr/local/postgis, make but DON'T make
install. make and make install PostGIS from the PostgreSQL source contrib
directory, update the libraries, load the SQL from PostGIS and everything
should work. That's how I do it with Gentoo and the emerged PostgreSQL.

Darren H.