[postgis-users] error in using lwpostgis.sql

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 06:06:59 PDT 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
> [mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On
> Behalf Of orkun
> Sent: 19 August 2005 13:37
> To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
> Subject: [postgis-users] error in using lwpostgis.sql
>

> hello
>
> when I enter
>
>  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d bzk -f  \

"/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.0.3/contrib/postgis-1.0.3/lwgeom/lwpostgis.sql"
,

> I get so many errors like:

psql:/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.0.3/contrib/postgis-1.0.3/lwgeom/lwpostgis.
sql:3150:
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
>

> could you tell me why these errors occured ?
>
> regards
>
> Ahmet Temiz

Hi Ahmet,

Have you installed the plpgsql language in your database before running the
lwpostgis.sql script? On your system the command should look something like
this:

	/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plpgsql bzk

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way