[postgis-users] where has the wkb type gone?

Richard Taylor rjt-postgis-users at thegrindstone.me.uk
Mon Aug 22 14:11:03 PDT 2005

Hi

I am converting a Python library from a rather old version of postgis to the
latest release. The library relies upon the oid of the columns returned from
a select query to know whether the data is in WKT or WKB. The type oid used
to be 'wkb' for a WKB return and 'geometry' for a WKT return. At some point
during the development of postgis the 'wkb' type has been removed.

Is there anyway in the latest release that I can work out whether the format
of the return from a select query is in WKT or WKB?

Regards

Richard

You can normally find me on Jabber as RichardTaylor at jabber.org