[postgis-users] Error while importing data

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Mar 14 00:23:06 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 03:10:23PM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see quite a number more errors (the_geom constraint violations) with
> 1.0.0rcX, if I paste one of these for you, could you tell me why its
> happening?

The message says you're trying to load a differently-dimensioned geometry
in a table you created with a dimension constraint.
The dimension constraint is added by AddGeometryColumn().

If shp2pgsql did the whole thing (call AddGeometryColumn() and feed
the geoms) we have a big bad bug, and having your case's shapefile
would help fixing it.

--strk;