[postgis-users]CONNECTION to database thru Mapserver

w m wokar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 09:02:56 PST 2005

Thank You for your response.
i made the changes that you suggested but i still have no luck in displaying the points on the map.  I'm not sure if a connection is being established to the database or not...how can i know that??  and instead of local host i also tried to insert the ip address of my server but it still didnt work nor did i get any errors.
any help would be appreciated greately
thank you
wokar

 LAYER
 CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
 NAME "Spots" # my table name
 CONNECTION "user=test password=test dbname=MyDataBase host=localhost"
DATA "the_geom FROM Spots" # the_geom column from table Spots
 STATUS ON
 TYPE POINT
 CLASS
 COLOR 0 0 0
 OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
SIZE 2
 END
 END

strk at refractions.net wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:20:55AM -0800, w m wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a Mapserver layer definition in order to establish a connection to my database. I would like to display the data from the database on my map.
> The table spots has just points in the "the_geom" column. All I want to do is to display those points on the map. When I write my layer definition, it gives me no errors but it also doesnt display those points on the map.
>
> Here is my layer definition:
>
> LAYER
> CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
> NAME "Spots" # my table name