[postgis-users] release status

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Mar 15 01:16:01 PST 2005

This is the updated CHANGES since RC3:

        - early return from force_collection
        - segfault fix in geom_accum()
        - consistency check fix in SnapToGrid()
        - jdbc2: code cleanups, Makefile improvements
        - FLEX & YACC variables set *after* pgsql Makefile.global
          is included and only if the pgsql *stripped* version
          evaulates to the empty string
        - added already generated parser in release
        - build scripts refinements
        - MultiLine handling BUG fix in loader and dumper
        - improved version handling, central Version.config
        - added distance_sphere function
        - subselects support in selectivity estimator
        - bug fixes for 64bit architectures
        - bugfix in loaded, skipping all but first hole of polygons.

We have only two *unconfirmed* bug reports:

	http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/

Once those entries are closed we'd release RC4, which will hopefully
become final release with no changes.

Please, run your tests and report any other possible issue.

Thanks.
--strk;