[postgis-users] What are people using to load gps data?

Will Muir will at mtintouch.net
Sun May 13 17:08:47 PDT 2007

I was following another thread on this list about gps data and
postgis, and was wondering how people are getting data into postgis.
Me personally I use gpsbabel to do the downloads and then I have been
use a python script to extract out way points.  With tracks and
routes a work in progress.  I have searched for an app that already
does this but there does not seem to be anything readily available.
Other then using gpx2shp and then shp2pgsql, which I have done also.

Will