[postgis-users] Postgis 2.0 wishlist

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue May 15 16:45:32 PDT 2007

Another thing that is easy to do in a packaged environment but hard
to do in a source code environment...

The packaged windows install could install PostGIS in a schema inside
template_postgis, and getting a schema-installed PostGIS would just
involve copying template_postgis. It could also include that schema
in the default search path automatically.

Same thing could happen in RPM or DEB distributions, though I am
always sceptical of packaged versions of PgSQL (the requirement for
dump/restore of database through releases means that upgrading can be
tricky to say the least).