[postgis-users] GEOS union() error

Lee Keel lee.keel at uai.com
Wed Nov 7 06:13:48 PST 2007

Paul,

My client needs this information to generate a shape file for "call before
you dig" information.  They are a gas company and they have to output this
information all the time, the problem for them is that it is becoming a full
time job to take a shape file, open it in Arcmap, do the buffering,
reproject the data and then save.  I told them that this could all be done
in one query in the spatial database that we were using.  But obviously, I
have run into some snags.

Also, to combine chains...  I did not use collect on the geometries column
and pass that to buffer because it is very explicit in the online help not
to pass GeometryCollection as argument to buffer.

Thanks for the responses.  I look forward to any more helpful ideas.
Lee
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.