[postgis-users] RE: Data security via Postgis

YC Nyon ycnyon at pd.jaring.my
Thu Nov 15 22:55:41 PST 2007

Hi,

We have a project where we want to let our clients use our digital maps via Mapserver.
This is based on subscription fees.
The data and Mapserver app sits in different servers.
We intend to put the digital maps in Postgis and Mapserver reads it as a datasource.
My questions are
1. Is that secure enough to safeguard our digital maps?

2. If not, is there any other methods of letting clients use the digital data and also ensuring that they are not able to get hold of the data.

Regards
Yong