[postgis-users] RE: Data security via Postgis

mchapman at texelinc.com mchapman at texelinc.com
Thu Nov 15 23:08:55 PST 2007

Yong,

Web servers are outside the firewall and thus not secure. One way to make it (more) secure is to put your database and imagery on a server behind the fire wall.  Then run map server on your web server and have map server reference postgis through a dedicated user account with limited privileges.

I am not a security guru but i think that is the general direction you end up going.  You will at least need two servers for security of data.

Martin

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T