[postgis-users] Tiger Files on Windows PostGIS

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Sep 29 14:16:54 PDT 2007

"Obe, Regina" wrote:

> It is my understanding that the 2007 and up Tiger files are going to be
> in ESRI shape.

I've read the same, yet I don't know of any release date. I have the
complete TIGER 2006se set online at:

  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/

and I'd offer to produce a set of shapefiles or a complete PostGIS
table dump of the road files (approx 4 GBytes in compressed, native
format). Please contact me via EMail if you'd like me to do that.

Don't try to export the whole TIGER layers from that database as a
single Shapefile !! This simply won't work because Shapefiles are
limited at 2 GByte per file and you're get corrupted, worthless files.

Cheers,
	Martin.