[postgis-users] NAD conversion problem

Peter N. Schweitzer pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Thu Dec 11 11:30:29 PST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Adding @null to the end essentially means that if all else fails, just
> apply a null transformation and don't complain if the null file isn't
> found.

Frank,

Thanks, I figured it was an escape hatch of sorts.  What worried me
was that the error message appeared, implying that the error condition
occurred, which could mean that my computed coordinates were wrong.
I still don't understand why it said there was an error, and worried
that taking away its ability to complain only covered up a real problem.

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer at usgs.gov
<http://geology.usgs.gov/peter/>