[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn failing in SQL Script

Steve Davies steve.davies at dottedeyes.com
Thu Jul 1 05:40:18 PDT 2010

Thanks that worked :)

Should of spotted that, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net [mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Arnaud Lesauvage
Sent: 01 July 2010 13:37
To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn failing in SQL Script

Le 1/07/2010 14:23, Steve Davies a écrit :
> I've been having lots of problems with AddGeometryColumn function not
> working, firstly it wouldn't recognise the correct number of parameters,
> I got around this by putting in all the optional parameters and
> prefixing the function with public. However now it doesn't recognise the
> geometry data type - however if I run the same command in psql its fine
> - any ideas?

My first guess, knowing that adding the 'public' schema name in front of
the function partially solved the problem, is that you changed your
search path and didi not include the public schema in it.

So I would first check that the public schema is part of the
search_path, and if not add it (at the end of you search_path).

Regards
--
Arnaud Lesauvage
Incoming e-mail scanned by Altman Technologies
Dotted Eyes
Hanbury Court, Harris Business Park,
Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4JJ, UK

Join us at our events: www.dottedeyes.com/events/index.php
Sign up for support from £99 p.a.: www.dottedeyes.com/support
Ready-to-use digital maps & data: www.dottedeyes.com/data

For a sales enquiry email: sales at dottedeyes.com
For a software code/licence enquiry email: codes at dottedeyescom
For technical support login to: http://dottedeyes.helpserve.com

Dotted Eyes Ltd is registered in England and Wales, reg no 4471760.
This email may contain confidential information, not to be disclosed.
Contents are personal and not necessarily the views of Dotted Eyes.
Emails and attachments may be monitored without notice in advance.

Email has been scanned for viruses and spam by Altman Technologies

Simplify. Automate. Integrate