[postgis-users] WKT raster installation on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 7 14:49:38 PDT 2010

The 'libpq' that it's not finding is lib/libpq.dylib, not include/libpq (which is a folder).  So, the libdir option (or lack of) should be OK.

I find that sometimes other unrelated things affect configure detection.  In the wktraster source folder you should have a config.log, look there for more details on why it failed to find libpq.

(No problems here configuring wktraster on OS X with my own Postgres and Postgis binaries.)

On Jul 7, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Shaun Langley wrote:

> I'm still getting stuck with this installation.  I specified the libdir, but note that libpq is not in this directory.  The path for libpq is "/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/include" which is distinct from the other code libraries in "/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib"  I'm copying the directory contents so you can clearly see what's included in each.
>
> configure: error: could not find libpq
> user-d0c71a:wktraster-0.1.6d langleys$ cd ../include/
> user-d0c71a:include langleys$ ls
> ecpg_config.h		pg_config.h		pgtypes_numeric.h
> ecpg_informix.h		pg_config_i386.h	pgtypes_timestamp.h
> ecpgerrno.h		pg_config_manual.h	postgres_ext.h
> ecpglib.h		pg_config_os.h		postgresql
> ecpgtype.h		pg_config_ppc.h		sql3types.h
> libpq			pgtypes_date.h		sqlca.h
> libpq-events.h		pgtypes_error.h
> libpq-fe.h		pgtypes_interval.h
> user-d0c71a:include langleys$
>
> user-d0c71a:include langleys$ cd ../lib
> user-d0c71a:lib langleys$ ls
> libecpg.6.1.dylib		libpq.dylib
> libecpg.6.dylib			libproj.0.5.5.dylib
> libecpg.a			libproj.0.dylib
> libecpg.dylib			libproj.dylib
> libecpg_compat.3.1.dylib	libuuid.16.dylib
> libecpg_compat.3.dylib		libuuid.a
> libecpg_compat.a		libuuid.dylib
> libecpg_compat.dylib		libuuid.la
> libgeos-3.2.0.dylib		libxml2.2.7.1.dylib
> libgeos.dylib			libxml2.2.dylib
> libgeos_c.1.6.0.dylib		libxml2.a
> libgeos_c.1.dylib		libxml2.dylib
> libgeos_c.dylib			libxml2.la
> libpgport.a			libxslt.1.1.23.dylib
> libpgtypes.3.1.dylib		libxslt.1.dylib
> libpgtypes.3.dylib		libxslt.a
> libpgtypes.a			libxslt.dylib
> libpgtypes.dylib		libxslt.la
> libpq.5.2.dylib			postgis-1.4.so
> libpq.5.dylib			postgresql
> libpq.a
> user-d0c71a:lib langleys$
>
> on the first line, you can clearly see that no matter which path I select for "libdir" the configure script cannot find "libpq".  Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Shaun
>

> On Jul 6, 2010, at 5:51 AM, Jorge Arévalo wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Shaun Langley <shaunlangley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> it returns /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib
>>>
>>> what's the option syntax to add the lib directory during configuration?  can I specify something like
>>>
>>> --with-libdir='/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib'
>>>

>> The option should be --libdir='/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib'. Give it a try
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jorge

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro