[postgis-users] shp2pgsql

William Furnass will at thearete.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 09:00:14 PDT 2010

Hi Bob,

On 16 July 2010 16:46, Bob Pawley <rjpawley at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I just attempted to use shp2pgsql and received an error message about
> libiconv2.dll  not being installed on my computer.

If you've got PostgreSQL installed then you should already have a copy
of the library.  Find the 'bin' directory within your PostgreSQL
installation e.g. C:\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin and copy libiconv-2.dll to
libiconv2.dll.  Also, make sure that your PATH variable includes that
'bin' directory (check with 'echo %PATH%' from a DOS prompt).

HTH,

Will