[postgis-users] may have postgis store limits for a big project?

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Mon Jul 19 08:51:26 PDT 2010

Hm, with rasdaman ("raster data manager", www.rasdaman.org) the French
National Geographic Institute maintains a dozen-TB orthoimage since
about 5 years now with quite speedy access (a few 100ms), including
random subsetting. Also, further on-the-fly data massaging (band
extraction, recombination, classification, ...) is possible in SQL style.
Currently rasdaman is getting attached to GDAL, and a PostgreSQL link
for mixed queries is under development as well.

-Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 10xx)