[postgis-users] may have postgis store limits for a big project?

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:33:38 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am interesting too... I am considering PostGIS+WKTRaster instead of Oracle
GeoRaster... but for that can happen, Postgresql must be able of managing
some simple tables of 30+M (Millions) rows plus a lot of Rasters of 16GB
each... (16GB not compress data... so are huge images !). Each query (simple
look up) must response in a fraction of second....

any successful case ?

Thanks !

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:13 AM, salas <fsalas at geocuba.cu> wrote:

>  Hello to all:
> I am working in a project where they are managed more than 20 geoespatials
> thematics. Each thematic one has a considerable volume of since information
> it is of the whole country (I am speaking of a lot more than a million of
> records). In the project we need to make (mostly) intersection consultations
> keeping in mind literal attributes.
> I need to know the experience of somebody in a project of this span and if
> PostGIS would present some limitation therewith.
>
> regards yuriesky

Sebastian E. Ovide