[postgis-users] may have postgis store limits for a big project?

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Jul 19 09:00:20 PDT 2010

Hi Sebastian,

What kind of query are you planning on the raster? You know you can also use WKT Raster to simply "register" filesystem rasters, creating a king of geospatial catalog, without actually storing them in the database...

How many 16GB raster do you have? Are your raster all representing the same theme? Are they overlapping (or they form a regular grid)?

We don't know of that many users cases up to now, but WKT Raster prooved to be very stable working on 1 GB raster coverage (see the tutorial).

Pierre