[postgis-users] custom EPSG codes?

chrispg chrisemberson at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:06:24 PDT 2010

I have data in British Nat Grid that I would like to load into postgis.
Normally I would use EPSG:27700 to do this no problem, but the coordinates
are to decimetre precision, not metre, so 27700 is out by a factor of 10. I
can edit the spatial_ref_sys.sql to generate a custom projection file, but
then performing any queries on that using the PROJ4 libraries are a problem
as it is not recognised. Has anybody come across this before?

Any help much appreciated.