[postgis-users] WKT raster installation on Mac Snow Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 21 08:32:23 PDT 2010

I should be able to get a wktraster installer ready soon.

Sorry, but I won't be supporting other Postgres distributions.  Too much variation in the installation methods and layout, even some that try to be Mac-like, which really isn't appropriate for server software, especially one like Postgres which is very particular about file permissions.

With the EnterpriseDB installer I couldn't tell - it uses a 3rd party installer, so I can't poke into the contents without installing it, and I don't like installing new unknown software where I have no clue what it's going to do.  Also, I see that they don't have a 64bit version.

But, my postgis (& future wktraster) should install and run on any default installation of Postgres (/usr/local/pgsql) of the version it was built for.  If you can figure out where files need to be on some other insallation, it's possible my binaries could run on a matching Postgres version - you could extract the files from my installers and copy them to the other postgres (Pacifist can open OSX flat packages).