[postgis-users] speeding up "not in" query

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jul 24 21:35:23 PDT 2010

Even better idea since you are looking for non matches.  Use a LEFT JOIN

SELECT survey.*
FROM survey LEFT JOIN parcel_esri.parcelnum
	ON (survey.parcelnum = parcel_esri.parcelnum)
WHERE parcel_esri.primary_key IS NULL;

Your primary key stuff a field that never has null values.

Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us