[postgis-users] Different results on different Platforms: PostGIS 1.5

Ahmed Shinwari ahmed.shinwari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:39:55 PDT 2010

Hi Luis,

Yes, the test result has been obtained by executing on Linux & Windows on
the same CPU (Intel Pentium 4 processor).

The rounding off might help. It's just that the Query 1 result value appends
a lengthy chunk of precision number. That may affect some client code e.g.,
functions that convert the output to strings may require more buffer size
than anticipated.

-Ahmed