[postgis-users] Build topology for polygon layer using postgis2.0

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Nov 22 02:22:26 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 04:26:26PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 07:09:59AM -0700, Elton Chan wrote:

> > ERROR:  SQL/MM Spatial exception - non-existent node
> > CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT topology.ST_AddEdgeModFace(atopology, snode_id, enode_id, rec.geom)"
>
> This is unexpected.
> Can you share your input collection to take a look ?
> Best if you can shrink it as much as possible.

Just an heads-up on this: Elton dataset helped a lot making the
postgis topology code more robust. I hope this experience would
take others to follow the example and take their time to prepare
interesting/problematic datasets for the developers to play with.

The outcome of this experience here:
http://strk.keybit.net/blog/2011/11/21/topology-cleaning-with-postgis/

--strk;