[postgis-users] Populate_geometry_columns() problems

Andreas Forø Tollefsen andreasft at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:30:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

This is a small database, and the populate_geometry_columns works for
all tables when i do them one at the time.
i.e. select populate_geometry_columns('public.cshapes'::regclass); returns 0.

However running this just as a populate_geometry_columns(); produces the error.

Just out of curiosity I tried with:
select populate_geometry_columns('public.raster_columns'::regclass);
which is not supposed to work? Or is it?
And this returned:
ERROR:  query string argument of EXECUTE is null
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "populate_geometry_columns" line 53 at
EXECUTE statement

ERROR: query string argument of EXECUTE is null
SQL state: 22004
Context: PL/pgSQL function "populate_geometry_columns" line 53 at
EXECUTE statement

Andreas