[postgis-users] Moving to a Virtual Server

Raoul Ross RRoss at continentalmapping.com
Tue Jul 28 14:50:26 PDT 2015

Hello, my name is Raoul Ross and I've taken over for Eric VanHandel as the IT Manager here at Continental Mapping Consultants.

Through a vendor/Consultant we are moving off the very old servers here to Virtual Servers. The question came up, 'can we just copy it all over, using the same machine name, IP address and NIC MAC Address?' So I'm asking... will it work? If not, how do I do this? Will I need to re-install everything?

Don't know where else to start... Thanx for your time!
-Raoul Ross