[postgis-users] I am probably being stupid but I cannot get my rasters to display using QGIS

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Sat Nov 7 07:31:21 PST 2015

Dear Chris / Regina

Many thanks.  I have been trying to solve this issue on two machines depending on where I was sitting!

I have so far made the changes suggested by Regina only on my laptop and had assumed they did not work because of the failure. As Christian pointed out it appears the latest problem on my laptop was an unstable connection to the database. I have now resolved that and the changes made, as suggested by Regina ,seem to have resolved the initial issue (which seems to be down to the storage of doubles in the tif).

I can now select and view the tifs individually, albeit the speed of rendering is VERY slow (I have an i7 laptop and would have expected this to be quicker – I will try it on my much more powerful workstation later).

Regina, many thanks again for your help – there is no way I would have sorted that issue. It also makes me feel less stupid, as it appears the issue was real and not just because of an incompetent user (although I am probably still the latter). Christian thanks for alerting me to the compound problem.

Best wishes

Darrel