[postgis-users] New day, new problem - now with pl/r

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Nov 8 11:58:48 PST 2015

Darrel,

Hah.  Well you managed to find Environment Variables so can't be that much
of an idiot.  Takes me ages to find it since they keep on moving it on
whatever windows version I am on.

One other thing to verify?  Do you have the R_HOME variable set?

Should be set to - C:\Program Files\R\R-3.2.2

And it should be set in the System section instead of User section.  Though
mine is set in User section since I have PostgresQL running under a
privileged account so it can access other computer network resources.

The

SELECT * FROM r_typenames();

Takes 47-62 ms on my windows 2012 R2 server and returns: 194 rows

I just noticed something really odd though.  If I run it in pgAdmin Query
window it runs fine and returns

ABSTIMEOID;702

ACLITEMOID;1033

:

:

But then I tried rerunning in psql to get a nicer output, and got this

ERROR:  R interpreter expression evaluation error

DETAIL:  Error in data.frame(typename = x, typeoid = y) :

  arguments imply differing number of rows: 0, 1

CONTEXT:  In PL/R function r_typenames

Then I tried again in pgAdmin guessing it might be the paging in psql that
is tripping, and voila, if I do

SELECT * FROM r_typenames() LIMIT 10;

In pgAdmin query window, I also stumble on the error.  So something is
definitely fishy there and you might be just really good at tripping on bugs
:)

BTW the list for PL/R questions is -
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/plr-general

Though I thought most things were moving away from pgFoundry since pgFoundry
will be retired soon, so the list might be in flux.

Thanks,

Regina