[postgis-users] Creating a boundary of an aggregate of buildings

Hugues François hugues.francois at inrae.fr
Tue Jan 19 00:01:38 PST 2021

Hi,

Some time ago, I wrote a PLPGSQL function that creates urban areas from a buildings table.

The attached function could help you to solve your issues and test several thresholds when adapted to your own database. I'm sorry it's written in a weird French-English style but the queries should help you to understand the variable names meaning. Of course, feel free to ask any question.

The hole issue is directly adressed line 55 to line 85. It uses st_dumprings along with st_exterrioring and st_buildarea and compares hole surface to the "surf_trou" threshold.

HTH,
Hug