[postgis-users] Postgresql 14 bug?: "variable not found in subplan target list"

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 11:46:43 PST 2022

> after upgrading to PostgreSQL 14?
> ... If I 'VACUUM (FULL)' the dataset, I get back the record count without
issues.
> ... Thoughts?

imho:
- Maybe the  'VACUUM (FULL)' is rebuilding your indexes - and solving some
corrupted index problem?
- As I see in 14.2 release notes:  "reindexing is recommended"
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.2/

*"However, some bugs have been found that may have resulted in corrupted
indexes, as explained in the first two changelog entries. If any of those
cases apply to you, it's recommended to reindex possibly-affected indexes
after updating."*

  in 14.1 - this is also recommended:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/release-14-1.html
*          " it's recommended to reindex possibly-affected indexes after
updating." *

I don't know your upgrade process, but in this case, I will re-run the
"reindexdb" utility
   ( https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/app-reindexdb.html )

Regards,
 Imre