[PROJ] World UTM in a proper datum

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Sat Apr 17 13:56:10 PDT 2021

Hi Noel,
If I am the only user of the data, I can do that (and whatever I want). But
if I have to produce accurate data processed by somebody else, I fall into
the hole of vagueness of WGS84. For instance, if I create a precise GeoTIFF
and I want to tag it with an EPSG, using EPSG:326XX is... vague. Or a GCP,
or anything else. There are several alternatives for the geographic crs.
I know I can apply UTM over ITRF2014 (GDAL does it easily). But there is no
EPSG code for that.

Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.