[Qgis-developer] help with using pyqt bindings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:03:57 EST 2007

Hi,

there are some sources of documentation. First you should get known to
PyQt as also QGIS API heavily depends on Qt. There are many tutorials
around about PyQt, try googling it.

Regarding PyQGIS, currently the best source of documentation is this wiki page:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/PythonBindings
It contains small code snippets for several aspects of QGIS API.
For full QGIS developer documentation see:
http://svn.qgis.org/api_doc/html/
It's based on C++ code but the usage is the same, just with python syntax
(the documentation is not always in a good state but if you point out
the weakest places we could improve it)

Some more resources on PyQGIS:
- tutorials by Tim ported from C++ to Python: - http://blog.qgis.org/?q=node/59
- repository of some QGIS plugins developed in community -
http://spatialserver.net:3001/

Finally, please don't direct your questions directly to me - send them
to qgis-developer mailing list. That way other people can benefit from
the replies too.

Martin